Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Telling The Story, One Day At a Time

I love stories.
I love to hear them, I love to read them, I love to tell them. I just love stories.
My favorite story is the gospel story -- the good news of Jesus Christ. And I love the “story songs” that tell that story, or talk about telling that story.

Here are some of my favorites:

“I Love To Tell the Story”


“Tell Me The Old, Old Story”

“Tell Me the Stories of Jesus”

“We've A Story to Tell to the Nations”

These old hymns always remind me of the privilege of sharing the story of Jesus, the responsibility to tell it, not just with words, but with my life. They remind me to be intentional and deliberate about telling this wonderful story, and they remind me of the pleasure God takes in our sharing this story.

Sometimes I think heaven will just be one big sing-along!

So -- what's your favorite old hymn?

2 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

My favorite is "He Leadeth Me". I LOVE it! We sang it at our wedding. It speaks peace to me whenver I hear/sing it. And whenever my kids request a song at bedtime - this is the one the get! :)

Holly said...

"He Leadeth Me" is wonderful! I love the reminder of God's constant presence and provision. And it makes a great bedtime lullaby!