Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Remembering the Grocery Bags . . .

I forgot the bags again.

I've been collecting grocery bags – the permanent kind that replace plastic or paper – but I can't seem to remember to take them with me into the store.

So I end up standing in line trying to decide if I should just purchase a few more (at $1 a bag they aren't too expensive unless you buy them with every grocery order) or if I should just resign myself to bringing the plastic bags back with me next time to put into the recycle barrel just inside the store.

If I put the bags in the back seat of the car, they are in the way if someone is riding back there, which doesn't happen often, or if I have a lot of stuff to bring along, which does happen a lot.

If I put them in the trunk of the car, it's the old “out of sight, out of mind” problem.

If I keep them on the closet door I might remember them when I go to get my coat, if I wear my coat and if I remembered to hang it in the closet when I last came in.

I think permanent grocery bags are a good idea. Now I just have to figure out how to retrain my brain to remember to take them along.

How do you recycle?

No comments: