Friday, July 18, 2008

More Book Recommendations for Your Bookstack!

Have you finished up all the recommended books from the Bookstack Blog Party?
I've indulged in one or two already, but here are more recommendations!
My friend Jody is just finishing up the book Trading Places by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott. She says, “I love their materials on marriage. This one is about the important value of empathy in marriage. My husband and I serve as marriage mentors through our church and so I'm always reading up on marriage books to recommend to our couples. This book is great!”
Jody continues, “I actually just returned from a doctor's appointment. When the nurse came into the lobby to call me back she said, 'Boy, what are you reading? It must be really good because as I went to call you, I saw you had a big smile on your face as you were reading.' Made me laugh.”
I think Jody is a power reader, because she just read a book by John Maxwell: 25 Ways to Win with People. She says, “It was written in 2005. I take advice from Bill Hybels and he recommends that you always have a book on leadership that you're working through. This was a great book.”
Finally, Jody says, “My most recent fiction book I read was My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I LOVED it! Very gripping story. I have yet to read a book by her that I didn't like.”
If you've picked up a book recommendation, let me know – your insight and comments are always appreciated!

No comments: